Background: AADA was founded in 1997, following many years of experience
with support groups for patients with atopic dermatitis at the
University of São Paulo Medical School in Brazil.
Mission: Promote the health of patients with atopic dermatitis through art, science and education.
Association`s makeup: The AADA is composed of patients and their
families, medical doctors, psychologists, dermatological nurses, social
workers and volunteers.
• Creation and distribution of educational material about AD.
• Support groups for patients and their families (10 Brazilian cities).
• Art workshops: painting, origami, storytelling, music.
• Educational sessions: relaxation, massage, skin hydration.
• Scientific meetings for doctors and other health care professionals.
Associação de Apoio à Dermatite Atópica (AADA)
Caixa Postal (P.O.Box) 27019
São Paulo, SP
Tel.: (55-11) 3079-3053